NOF is seeking candidates to serve as the North American Editor-in-Chief ofOsteoporosis International for a 5-year term beginning in late 2015. Osteoporosis International is an international multi-disciplinary journal and a joint initiative of NOF and the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF).
The journal provides a forum for the communication and exchange of current ideas concerning the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and management of osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases. The North American Editor-in-Chief of Osteoporosis International will also oversee the journal Archives in Osteoporosis in collaboration with IOF.
The Editor-in-Chief works closely with the journal’s publisher, Springer, and receives an annual stipend from NOF. Responsibilities of the North American Editor-in-Chief include managing the peer review and content development process for Osteoporosis International as well as:
- Selecting and supervising Editors and Editorial Review Board members;
- Identifying emerging areas of importance and soliciting papers for submission to the journal;
- Providing direction for the journal and its content;
- Directing the review process to ensure timely and efficient handling of manuscripts;
- Participating in meetings with the Publications Committee and NOF; and
- Participating in meetings with the publisher and European Editor-in-Chief.
NOF is seeking candidates who are highly distinguished members of the bone research community through clinical practice, research excellence, professional society involvement or other relevant activities and have a strategic vision and commitment to maintaining and enhancing the journal’s reputation as one of the nation’s leading bone health publications. Candidates should also have outstanding organizational and managerial skills, past experience and significant familiarity with academic editing as evidenced by prior editorial board service for a journal or editing of other scholarly volumes and be prepared to serve as Editor for five years, subject to potential reappointment after the initial term.
To apply, interested individuals should prepare a letter of application addressing the Selection Criteria to submit via e-mail. The application must include the following:
- Letter of Application that describes your qualifications for the role of Editor-in-Chief of Osteoporosis International.
- Vision Statement that provides a clear description of your vision for Osteoporosis International under your leadership.
- Vita or Resume that accurately portrays your experience and publication history, indicates your current affiliations and lists your current contact information.
- Evidence of strong institutional support, which may be a letter of support or other documentation from your academic institutional leadership, if applicable.
Applications are due by July 15, 2015. Email applications to: Susan.Randall@NOF.org. For additional details on the position and application process, please download the full Call for Applications.