Did you know that one in two women and up to one in four men over age 50 will break a bone due to osteoporosis? It’s true, but eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly can help slow or stop the loss of bone mass and help prevent fractures.
Join us in celebrating National Osteoporosis Month this May by taking action to Break Free from Osteoporosis. Our Break Free from Osteoporosis campaign encourages everyone to get to know their risk factors for osteoporosis and make the lifestyle changes needed to build strong bones for life.
Please download and share the information and materials below to join us in spreading the word about the importance of building and maintaining strong bones.
Osteoporosis Resources–Show More +
- Fast Facts about Osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis and Fractures
- Your Guide to a Bone Healthy Diet
Special thanks to our partner, Sunsweet Growers, Inc. for their support underwriting the updating and printing of this brochure.
- 25 Facts about Your Bones
- 25 Ways to Improve Your Bone Health
- 25 Calcium Rich Foods
- 25 Ways to Prevent Falls
2016 National Osteoporosis Month Poster–Show More +
Free Webinar: Osteoporosis Medications and Treatment Options–Show More +
- Join us on Monday, May 23rd from 2-3pm Eastern for a webinar with our partners at NeedyMeds.org. NOF Clinical Director, Dr. Andrea Singer will discuss the recently released Medicines in Development report and provide information on current medications available to treat osteoporosis. We will also review the NeedyMeds.org website and provide information on the prescription assistance available for patients through the site.In honor of National Osteoporosis Month, the webinar is open to the public and will be offered FREE this month.
Shop to Support NOF–Show More +
- NOF has partnered to offer a new merchandise website with Break Free from Osteoporosis-branded premium items to celebrate National Osteoporosis Month 2016.
Shop now and a percentage of sales will benefit NOF.
NOF Online Support Community–Show More +
- With more than 27,000 participants, NOF’s online support community hosted by Inspire is an excellent resource for people to discuss bone health topics of interest.
Join the online community today.