The Resistance Band Training for Osteoporosis Prevention DVD, featuring Susie Hathaway, American College of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer, is a 48-minute full-body, bone-loading workout. It includes a 12-minute bonus coaching section on how to perform muscle strengthening exercises using resistance bands, safety precautions for those with bone loss, and equipment selection. These resistance band exercises add variety to one’s strength training routine because they work muscles in a uniquely different way from weight lifting.
- Bands are easy to use, economical and great for travel or home
- Standing and sitting exercises only; no floor exercises
- No unsafe forward bending or twisting exercises
- Emphasis on increasing muscle strength for its beneficial effect on bones throughout the body
- 5-minute weight-bearing aerobic warm-up, including agility moves
- 19 resistance band exercises
- Balance and flexibility exercises
- 5-minute cool-down with stretches
- 2 4-foot long resistance bands
- For convenience and safety, the workout is designed so that you don’t have to wrap the bands around a support or a doorknob.
NOTE: The workout is not for those who are already frail or have trouble standing. Always check with your healthcare provider before beginning any new exercise program.