Drs. Adi Cohen and Elizabeth Shane are conducting a two-year treatment study for premenopausal women with idiopathic (unexplained) osteoporosis.
This study will evaluate the efficacy of treatment with one year of romosozumab followed by one year of denosumab in premenopausal women with idiopathic osteoporosis. This an open-label study and not a randomized trial; all participants will receive both active treatments.
This study has been approved by the Columbia University Irving Medical Center IRB: #AAAT1202 and is registered on ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT04800367
You may qualify for this research if:
- You are between the ages of 18 and 45
- You are a premenopausal woman
- You have unexplained premenopausal osteoporosis
- You have had a fracture that is considered to be low trauma
Qualified participants will receive study-related:
- Bone density testing
- Specialized 3-dimensional bone imaging
- Blood and urine testing
- Study drugs
- Calcium and vitamin D supplements
- Compensation for travel
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO FIND OUT IF YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR THIS RESEARCH STUDY
CALL: Mariana Bucovsky (Research Manager) or Dr. Adi Cohen at 212 305-7225
Click here for additional information.